mobile website

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl@heart

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a regular website and have been looking into adding a mobile website since many people are using there cell phone for a quick look up of stores. Just wondering if anyone here has done this? which software did you use or did you just do a sub domain off your own website?
any helpful hints are welcomed.

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat! I think the first thing you should do is to just check your current site on your phone's browser. If you are using w3schools compliant and up to date xhtml strict, and the latest version of css, and you are not using flash then it will most likely look the same on your phone. I know my blog looks the same on my phone and I did not have to do anything special.

TikiBarSoap said:
Hi Pat! I think the first thing you should do is to just check your current site on your phone's browser. If you are using w3schools compliant and up to date xhtml strict, and the latest version of css, and you are not using flash then it will most likely look the same on your phone. I know my blog looks the same on my phone and I did not have to do anything special.

I have done that, and my website looks like it does on a laptop but the problem with looking at a website like that is they are not user friendly on a phone. when you go to view a page because the menu buttons are close you may not get the right page. If I was to do a mobile website you would have icons to push and would be user friendly.
From my experience, when looking at a website that is not mobile friendly i get frustrated and leave, so i was looking into this so that it would be easier for potential customers to view and talk to friends about it.
Just a thought
thanks
Pat

That is true. You have to think about compatibility on Apple products as well as Android OS. What do you want the mobile site to do? Is it a store or a blog or a combo of both? Do you want links to videos of you soaping on youtube? I am just trying to find out more so I can try to help ;)

Back