Mixing rebatched shreds into CP soap batter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry S

Reaction score

I have visited this subject quite a while ago but wouldlike to get an update from members with any new comments..

I have a lot of rebatch soap shreds and want to rebatchthem with a new batch of soap using the CP method. Has anyone had success doingthis? I have rebatched just plain soap shreds in the past with good success buthate the confetti look and working with the gooey mess trying to get it into amold; however I have heard that by incorporating gelled or wet shreds into anew batch of CP soap oils then heating it to where the shreds will melt andthen further stick blend them tell blended with the new hot oils, then add theappropriate lye/water amounts calc’ed onjust the new oils and stick blend to trace and pour this into my mold. Any help here would be appreciated…I haveabout 10 pounds of rebatched shreds to work through.
Jer

Oh my good lord, ten pounds! Check out my thread subject "Awful" (Somewhere near the top) You'll find an embedded video that shows how to incorporate shreds into a fresh batch. Please ignore EVERYTHING else in the video though, lol. The lady has awful soaping practices, but her method of using shreds does work.

I've reprocessed batches of soap that way before. I like to add a little bit of goat milk to it if I decide to HP it. It makes it pour so much smoother then.

I don't know if I'd do all 10 lbs at one time though. That seems like a heck of a lot.
I usually do 2/3 new recipe & 1/3 old soap. Mix the old soap with the oils, then add the lye solution.

And please report back your results if/when you try it, please. :) Pictures would be nice, too. :)

Thanks Esther for the tip on that video...well a picture is worth a thousand words...lol..I thought that that soap she was mixing would trace long before she was able to get those shreds in it...but I can't argue with what I saw..I wonder how incorporated the shedded soap was when the finished bars came out of the mold or maybe it looked like confetti soap...
jer

Latest posts

Back