Mini Stick Blender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Nav said, there is a new craze for milk frothers so there may be some higher end ones. I was casually looking for one too. There are ones marketed for mixing baby formula that seem to be of better quality for the same price range as the "froth you own milk like at a cafe" ones. It's funny I remember as a kid my mom had a couple of these that came as sign up gifts for things like a new checking account.

They were actually beverage mixers and I purchased mine at the LA Fair years ago. Unfortunately it went out a couple of years ago and I can find none that are the same quality. I really wish they would make the same quality now with the frothers now. Mine was probably what Boyago's mom had

How about something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BROV02/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It's meant for paint so I would think it could handle mixing small amounts of soap batter or colorants with oil/glycerin.

I have a milk frother and it's a piece of crap lol - can barely mix mica and glycerin without slowing down to a stop! I may spring for one of these paint mixers and see how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that link, Rhonda! I just read through several of the reviews, and that mixer looks great!

At the moment, I have 2 mini-frothers from BB that work great on small, light-duty jobs, but they do tend to bog down on more viscous liquids. In comparison, the one you linked to looks to be a few inches bigger and sturdier from the sounds of the reviews.

I'll definitely have to put that on my 'to buy' list!

IrishLass :)

mine is basically a frother with multi attachments. i wish there is a mini sb, that could be useful in making smaller batches... or lotions..

mini miz.jpg

Shari- that's the same kind I have, too. The one that Rhonda posted a link to looks to be at least a few inches bigger according to some of the reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shari- that's the same kind I have, too. The one that Rhonda posted a link to looks to be at least a few inches bigger according to some of the reviews.

Might have to give one of those a try someday. I have 3 of the others so until they die I'll keep using them. Thanks for the info, I didn't really read the size (duh)..

I've found a link on makingskincare.com. It's at the bottom of the front page in a making lotions and creams tutorial. They advise on equipment needed to make the creams, including mini stick blenders for creams under 300mls. They have links for both the UK and USA. I've only enclosed the lWeb address for the USA. I couldn't seem to do a direct link on my kindle! It looks stronger than a frother, which can destabilise emulsions. It should work for mixing thicker colourants too, with the bonus is that it's really cheap!

www.ebay.com/itm/Norpro-deluxe-cord...er-frother-cappuccino-latte-New-/370919297234

Thanks for that link, Rhonda! I just read through several of the reviews, and that mixer looks great!

At the moment, I have 2 mini-frothers from BB that work great on small, light-duty jobs, but they do tend to bog down on more viscous liquids. In comparison, the one you linked to looks to be a few inches bigger and sturdier from the sounds of the reviews.

I'll definitely have to put that on my 'to buy' list!

I added it to my amazon wish list as soon as I found it and posted the link :D

Wow! Thanks peoples! That's why I like this forum, everyone is so helpful. Now I'm not sure which one to get. :think:
That little paint mixer looks good. I don't mind paying a little more if it's worth it. But then again why pay more if you don't need to. I just want something that will mix my clays and or oatmeal things like that.

Has anybody tried the one RhondaJ linked?

IrishLass and others do you use yours on clays and oats?

Wow! Thanks peoples! That's why I like this forum, everyone is so helpful. Now I'm not sure which one to get. :think:
That little paint mixer looks good. I don't mind paying a little more if it's worth it. But then again why pay more if you don't need to. I just want something that will mix my clays and or oatmeal things like that.

Has anybody tried the one RhondaJ linked?

IrishLass and others do you use yours on clays and oats?
The Badger one was going to be the next I try. I have the one like Elements sells and the Ikea. The Ikea does not work as well as the one on the elements page. Neither are anything to write home about...

The link to the eBay one is identical to the one I got at BB. I only have used the metal attachment for mixing colors. iMO, the other attachments seem a bit flimsy, but in honesty I haven't tried them. May want to price compare

Latest posts

Back