Mens scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
I am looking for some nice mens scents, what do you all reccomend for CP?

Bearing in mind i'm in Australia. I do like BB as a supplier as well , but am open to suggestions.

I just bought some Day Star fragrances. I am going to soap Hunter's Moon tonight. If it turns out as nice as in the bottle it will be a good one. They have some 2oz sampler deals that are good. It looks like their international shipping is $13.50 under 3#.

NCS - I've done Drakkar :) and Cool Water :) , also Aniseed which goes down well with men. All are good.

Cool Water is SC, Drakkar is in the FO section of the candle part and Aniseed is in the EO section.

My favourite for men is sweetcakes Cool Water from NCS. Another fav is BB Oatmeal Strout ... I make this one with beer instead of water. I've also found men seem to like lemon myrtle (EO) and most citrus and spicy flavours.

You can make your own "Old Spice" dup. by using equal parts sandalwood and allspice essential oils. If you don't want to use expensive sandalwood e.o., you might try it with a good sandalwood fragrance oil.

Lyn said:
Traceyann not sure if you order from overseas but Bayrum from Oregon Trail is very very nice :0)

This! I soaped it and it smells wonderful! I have to keep DH hands off the soap, because they've only been curing 3 1/2 weeks and he's DYING to use it.

Dragonkaz said:
My favourite for men is sweetcakes Cool Water from NCS. Another fav is BB Oatmeal Strout ... I make this one with beer instead of water. I've also found men seem to like lemon myrtle (EO) and most citrus and spicy flavours.

Kaz, where can you get lemon myrtle EO here ?

SoapyD said:
Lyn said:
Traceyann not sure if you order from overseas but Bayrum from Oregon Trail is very very nice :0)

This! I soaped it and it smells wonderful! I have to keep DH hands off the soap, because they've only been curing 3 1/2 weeks and he's DYING to use it.
soapyD he will smell soooooo good after showering with it, I love to snuggle up to hubby after he has used it :D . Love OT and have several new ones to try

Relle9 said:
Dragonkaz said:
Kaz, where can you get lemon myrtle EO here ?
I buy it on ebay ... there's quite a few suppliers here in Oz and I buy it from the one with the best price. It's an EO that sticks well in CP soap and is a real aussie flavour. I put green embeds in my lemon myrtle and call it 'aussie myrtle'. LOL

I like bay rum, but I really adore "black canyon" from peakcandles.com( they have a body safe line), I cant make it fast enough, I havent found one guy that didnt like it.

honor435 said:
I like bay rum, but I really adore "black canyon" from peakcandles.com( they have a body safe line), I cant make it fast enough, I havent found one guy that didnt like it.
I have read many good reviews of this scent but sadly peaks dont do international so cant try the scents from them
I soaped perfect man from Natures Garden last night and it is soooooooooo good!!!!!!!!

Back