Making liquid hand soap from GM soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimi67

Reaction score
Im really frustrated here. I have this recipe to make an easy liquid soap.
1 cup shredded soap
10 c distiller water
1 Tbs veg glycerine
Heat til soap has melted.
Let cool , and you have liquid soap.

But I DONT !! I have bubbly water!!!
I added another shredded bar of GM. Nothing..

Everyone that made this , from the blog, had success . Is it bc I'm using M&P goat milk ?!

Is there another recipe I can use?!?!

Thank you very much.

I've tried a similar recipe with MP, I get the same results as you.
I've tried the recipe with CP, I get a liquidish snot-like feeling soap.

But all the time I see other people that post that the recipes work perfectly for them, so I have no idea how they're doing it.

Personally, it might just be less frustrating and less of a waste of ingredients to make the liquid soap from scratch.

My GM soap is a very high OO recipe, so it actually works very well to be dissolved into water to make a liquid soap. I don't follow any directions, I just cut it up into cubes, fill up the dispenser with them, then add water to cover. I cap, then turn the bottle over a few times to shake it once in awhile. Once they're all dissolved, if there's any seperation or if it's thin, I add a few more chunks. Just keep repeating until you have liquid soap... It might work because of the really high OO (softer bar), but it may work with a more solid bar of soap (less OO).

Ahhhh . So the soft soap is the culprit. Hmm.

I thank you both for your input and advice.

Have a wonderful day

Thi morning , I had a stock pot full of white jello !:)
I whip it down, added more distilled water, and now have nice liquid hand soap/ shower gel:)

I wouldn't scrap the idea yet. If you have enough soap, I'd keep adding it until it comes to a thicker consistency. If not, maybe try heating it and letting a lot of that water evaporate? Because I definately use a lot of soap for a little water. That recipe looks like it has WAAAAAYYYY too much water for a solid soap bar to turn into liquid soap. Might work in a foamer bottle though...

Latest posts

Back