Make up your mind, already

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Label? Old or New

• Old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New

• New New

• Total voters
I like the new new one best. I like the "handmade artisan soaps" on it too. I don't like the "P" in the old font, it makes the word look crooked, I think. I see what zeoplum means about the fonts in general though. They have a harsher feel.

I am no help at all.

New New one.
Just an idea...
Maybe you could keep the center part (with the writing) WHITE,
then lightly "tint" the color of the background (paisley) part to match the flavor of your soap.
Lavender soap = purplish background
Mint soap = greenish background

and so on, and so on, and so on..... :)

Tricky said:
New New one.
Just an idea...
Maybe you could keep the center part (with the writing) WHITE,
then lightly "tint" the color of the background (paisley) part to match the flavor of your soap.
Lavender soap = purplish background
Mint soap = greenish background

and so on, and so on, and so on..... :)

Tricky, I considered that a while back, but I decided to go with the contrast. This soap is sort of a grey-green in color. I don't want anything to match. The paisley pattern is featured on all my products, and if I ever get it done, it's on my web site, too.

I really appreciate the insight from all of you.
Please, let me know what you would change, or more importantly; what you hate, what just doesn't sit right, or how you would do it differently.

Perplexed was just a random choice of labels, it was the one I had printed last and was still 'up' in Photoshop. All the scents have different names, Graceful, Sultry, Tranquil, Bewildered... You get the idea.

I like the layoout on the first but the font on the second. I like looky & open fonts right now.

Hard to choose.....

Original label is great, but I'm not sure how I feel about the capital P.
But, if I'm not quite sure about it, then maybe it is very appropriately labeled "perplexed!" :)

Jude

I liked the new one - I liked the old one too, but the font on the "Deda Notions" is more soothing than the old one. The black white paisley is brilliant - Black and White is a classic palette but always very trendy. The paisley contributes both a modern yet classical appeal. Very gorgeous labels!

Deda said:
Please, let me know what you would change, or more importantly; what you hate, what just doesn't sit right, or how you would do it differently.

Perplexed was just a random choice of labels,...

For me a good test is to have people glance at the labels for only a second and look away quickly... then tell you what word they saw. The font on the first one... especially the "X" I think makes the word a little difficult to read. If I just glance and look away quickly I get "Purple Seed". I assume there would be similar issues on other words in that font.

The last one poses a similar problem, though not as bad. It looks like the same font as #2 but with italics.

I love the idea of your brand identity using the paisley... so anyone familiar with your work will instantly recognize it even if they don't read the label. Very smart!

Hey Deb,

I really like the old label the best. However if I had to choose another one I would go with the new new label but I would make the size of the font for the word perplexed just a tad bit smaller. Everything else looks great!

Sibi

In the 1st one, handmade artisan soap sets utop DeDa Notions nice, like a prymid & brings your eys up to your focal point which is the saosp scent. It looks odd in the 3rd one cause it's an upside down prymid which brings your eyes down, when you want them to go up. Does that make sense? Bringing your eyes down creates a scowl on your face, bringing your eyes up makes a surprised or happy look on your face & changes your meeod.

Tabitha, I LOVE your reasoning and me, being uneducated in the marketing world, would never have picked up on the upside-down pyramid thing. You are so smart!

I like them all, but...

I would advise you to use one, max two fonts. The same goes for Italic versus normal. using four different styles as you do is a bit much for an balanced view.

Just MHO

Latest posts

Back