Made some swirl soap!! - OH NO HELP!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RikRaks

Reaction score
My soap is now forming little bubbles all over the top, wth????

It is now sitting waiting for the long period of time that you have to wait to cut into your soap......

Here it is........ It is suppose to be hot pink and turquoise, but the turquoise turned a bit gray.... Still pretty though, can't wait until tomorrow!

006-16.jpg

Thanks Lady and Gent (lol Ian)

I can't wait to see it cut too! I will post pics as soon as I do!

I don't know it looks like it caught a disease!!!! Colored small pox?? lol!

RikRaks said:
I don't know it looks like it caught a disease!!!! Colored small pox?? lol!

lol for real! it is most def weird.... im hopin someone who has experienced the same thing chimes in ...

did you cover and overwrap? what kind of color dye? ive never seen that, hmm. carebear?

Looks like over heating to me.
Sorry that's happened it's such pretty soap.
Have you cut it? Do the bubbles go all the way through the soap or are they just on the surface?

My molds should be here today **fingers crossed** So this was in a baking dish lined with parchment...... A dear friend of mine said to preheat my oven to 170, I guess this is called CPOP, well I plopped it into the oven and turned it off before I went to bed. Do you think the kids might have been peaking in??? Also, the color is just some color I got from Joann, cheap stuff....... I placed an HUGE order last night from Wholesale Supplies......

It probably overheated. Although I haven't had soap make bubbles like that, I have had it overheat and separate when CPOPing I'm not sure why sometimes it works great, and other times not so great. It might've been the fragrance oil even. The bubbles give your soap kind of a cool texture, though!

what beautiful swirls you achieved. I love the original colors, too!

I'm an absolute newbie at this too, but I've made several batches of oven-processed soap. I left one in for 4 hours at 170 degrees, then left it in the closed oven overnight. It turned out with a foamy white crust on the top, sort of like the white areas of your soap. It looks like you have bigger bubbling where the thicker dyed areas contact the air. I bet the heated air caused the dye to chemically react with the soap, giving off gas. I'll bet the soap is fine underneath that.

I simply lopped the foamy crust off mine and that batch (castile, by the way) is turning out beautifully. It was perfectly fine underneath. It has a gorgeous lather and it's firming up nicely.

I wish I knew more. Maybe someday I will. *hopeful look*

Well, I'm curious. From what I can see in the pic only the colored parts bubbled? If that's true, what did you use for colorant?

RikRaks said:
Here it is, is it ruined?

009-14.jpg

That is wierd......I've never seen that happen before...... Was it cold process??
Hm I have no clue...... But the other pic is beautiful :)

Latest posts

Back