m&p in molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistichonnies

Reaction score
Iv got some new small molds delivered today but they are made from quite hard plastic. would m&p soap be easier to remove then cp???

they are just molds for decoration

I haven't tried out CP yet (soon, very soon), but I have some intricate M&P molds.

In case you haven't done a lot of M&P...

My trick for them is to liberally spray them with alcohol before pouring so the liquid goes into all the crevices. If unmolding is giving me trouble, I'll chunk them in the freezer for a few minutes. Most of the time, that works.

You might want to check out some Soap Queen videos, but the basics are pretty simple. It's the detail work that's the challenge. :)

The hardest part of the basic M&P is remembering to spritz everything with alcohol. Pouring into a mold: spritz inside. Adding an embed: spritz all over. Finished up: spritz on top. Husband annoys you: spritz in general direction.

Good luck!

I traded my husband for palm oil :lol: i got very little for him :(

Yeah Iv watched may of soap queens vids - think it was one of her's that made me think m&p would be best for these small hard molds :)

Back