Lye solution turned solid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drealmo

Reaction score
I added coconut milk into a 1:1 lye solution and it turned solid. Is there a way to "warm" up again or should i just throw it away? Thanks in advance.

I would recommend neither. That is a VERY strong lye solution, I would add at least another part of coconut milk for 1:2 ratio, and carefully chunk it into your oils and blend like crazy.

The lye saponified the fat in the coconut milk, you have super strong soap, but it will still work.

I'm sorry, rereading your post I think I misunderstood you, the lye was already dissolved, THEN you added coconut milk? Well, either way, it will still work. I did that before too, and I just blended the chunks into my oils, worked great. Now I just put my coconut milk into my oils and then add the lye water.

Thanks for the tip. It worked out the way you said it in your previous post. :)

Now i need to figure out how to post pictures.

Posting pictures-

Click on Post new topic, then at the bottom of the page there is upload attachment ,click on that, up comes file name and browse your computer for your photo file copy and put into the box and click upload. You can also add photo attachments from a photobucket site, but you will have to resize in PB first.

Back