Lots of bubbles while mixing????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bubbles

Funny I made soap last night and had the same thing happen. When I tested the soap today with the zap test my tongue said I had no lye present. Strange maybe it had to do with the bubbles. Not sure thou. Is it possible to make cp and have a good ph balance straight away.

It is definitely the stick blender sucking in air and spitting it out into the soap. It did it again this evening. It's under warranty but they want $10 for shipping. uggh :x

Let me ask yall this. That stick blender I have that is making all the bubbles has a whisk attachment. Would it be alright to use that instead of the blender shaft?

A whisk is going to put even more air into your soap. Might not give you bubbles, per se, but it will definitely add bubbles.

I'm trying to get enough product together for the 4th of July celebration. Which means I'm making 1 or 2 batchs a day these days. I can't ship that darn thing off right now. Maybe I can find an O ring the right size from Home Depot. I hope that will work for a couple of weeks.

I know I'll Duct Tape the seal up. :lol:

LotusFlowerSoap said:
A whisk is going to put even more air into your soap. Might not give you bubbles, per se, but it will definitely add bubbles.

Um. Yeah. I meant to say, it will definitely add AIR. Not bubbles. :wink:

Tiristia said:
I can't ship that darn thing off right now. Maybe I can find an O ring the right size from Home Depot. I hope that will work for a couple of weeks.

I know I'll Duct Tape the seal up. :lol:

Tinkering with it might void the warranty. Never hurts having a spare.My bestest stickie is a Tiffany all plastic 2 speed,cost 12 bucks. 12mths soaping & still going strong! :)

Back