Lotion bars not in tubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I have always put my lotion bars in roll-up tubes. I have noticed here and on the Internet that some people don't use roll-up tubes and instead just pour into silicone molds.

What's your opinion on those results? Do the bars get dusty or sticky? Do you keep them in something? If so, what?

I like to keep mine in the tubes for the ones that I sell but if I have excess oils after filling my tubes I will pour them off in to silicone cupcake molds and use them as personal use as it is usually one or two that will come out of that. I tried to shrink wrap one and that was a mess. Mine get dusty at work just sitting on my desk and a little dirty if some lint gets on them. I like lsg suggestion...

Do your pour them into the tins, or just put the hardened bar in the tin?

I don't care for lotion bars in tins or jars, b/c it takes so long to actually get out enough product to use! If I'm just using it on my hands, it's fine, but I like to use the lotion bar on my legs.

We have a lotion bar that we purchased before we started making b&b products that came wrapped in white paper that reminds me of paper you can use for wrapping cheese. We made little lotion bars in tins for holiday presents (made the bars in a silicone mold and then put them in the tins when they solidified). The leftover lotion batter went in some soap molds to make bigger bars. I keep one in the bathroom. Originally I was going to keep it in a brown waxed paper bag, but now it just sits on top. The only time I really had a problem with dust and lint is when I tried to use it on my feet after walking around the house instead of right after a shower.

I just made some like this, and it seems they stay clean just fine as long as they are put away somewhere when not in use.

The problem I'm seeing is that they can get quite slippery in the hand while using on other parts of the body. A twist-up or push-up tube seems more reasonable.

Ive never made lotion bars in tubes. I put them in little celophane baggies as part of wedding favors, or molded first then put into tins. I was going to write more but it sounds as if Jencat and I are living the same lives with our lotion bars.

I pour my lotion bars in silicone cupcake molds and when hardened, slip them into tins. They are not troublesome to get out that way.

Me too put mine in celophane baggies and then in organza bags. My own I store in tins. 100ml round aluminium tins is perfect for my flower formed bars at 65g.

Last edited:
I have poured in the mini soap bar silicone mold and then I bought cute little baby socks and use them as the "container" they were so cute. Wish I could find the pictures! I have also poured into tins and what I found with that is it works great if you get the straight side tins. But some have a ring dip thingy on the side and when you pour it works like a stopper and your bar won't come out. Ask me how I know:roll: However if you are so unlucky as to purchase that kind of tin simply cut mylar or freezer paper or something as tall as the tin and long enough to wrap the inside of the tin. Put it around the inside of the tin and pour the lotion. When it harden take the "form" out and put the bar will slip in and out of tin nicely!:clap:

I have reread and retyped this and it continues to sound jumbled but maybe it will make sense if you just keep reading it slowly over and over! I'm sure you have nothing better to do! Ha Ha !

I pour mine into 2-inch leaf molds that are comfortable to roll around in the hands, then shrink wrap and place them, surrounded by pretty circles of tissue paper and matching color foil, in a round tin that's 2.5-inch diameter. They're really pretty and protected.

Latest posts

Back