Lining Molds_Camel Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tonight I am masterbatching a couple gallons of lye, lining molds and finally going to get to my Camel Milk soap tomorrow. Don't think I will get to my Hump Day Lotion, but at least I will get the soap made. I would have like to use camel fat in the soap, but coupled with the cost of the camel milk it is just to expensive, so the fat is saved for lotion. No milk in the lotion. It has been 2 months since I have made soap and the racks are very lonesome. I need a multi cavity camel mold

Carolyn, you got me all interested in looking for camel molds, and then guess what? I spent almost 2 hours just looking at things to spend money on online! I don't NEED any more molds!

But I am looking forward to the photos when you share them.

Carolyn, you got me all interested in looking for camel molds, and then guess what? I spent almost 2 hours just looking at things to spend money on online! I don't NEED any more molds!

But I am looking forward to the photos when you share them.
Will post pics after they are cut. Did you find any camel molds? I actually decided to go for replacing my HO Canola with camel fat

Will post pics after they are cut. Did you find any camel molds? I actually decided to go for replacing my HO Canola with camel fat
No multi-cavity molds, but I did find this on how to make a 'gang' mold (aka multi-cavity mold). I've wanted to see how to do because I have a couple of favorite molds that I'd love it if they were in a larger multi-cavity format.

But not much luck finding actual camel molds suitable to use for such a project.

Waiting patiently ...
Pacing Cat.gif

Here are a couple of pics of my Hump Day Soap made with camel fat, camel powdered milk, dual lye and vinegar. Wondering if anyone can see the dolphins in the black and white which is rosemary, peppermint, petitigrain and lemongrass. The second pic is a lemongrass, litsea, amyris and peppermint blend. Nothing fancy, I am just re-stocking and they are not cleaned up yet, also I only have my not so great phone for pictures
20180203_105400[1].jpg 20180203_105326[1].jpg 20180203_105740[1].jpg

Thankyou everyone. Ronrho I have made camel milk soap before and it really is creamier than gm soap in my opinion. Sadly I do it more for the novelty and it sells well. I had some on my hands after demolding it already lathers and feels okay, just not great being a newborn soapie. :)

Here are a couple of pics of my Hump Day Soap made with camel fat, camel powdered milk, dual lye and vinegar. Wondering if anyone can see the dolphins in the black and white which is rosemary, peppermint, petitigrain and lemongrass. The second pic is a lemongrass, litsea, amyris and peppermint blend. Nothing fancy, I am just re-stocking and they are not cleaned up yet, also I only have my not so great phone for pictures
View attachment 28528 View attachment 28529 View attachment 28530
beautiful soaps, where did you get the camel milk? And the camel fat?

The powdered camel milk I purchased on Amazon. The Milk and Fat I get from Desert Farms. It can also be found at some health food stores but usually costs in the vicinity of $30 per pint. It is not cheap to purchase anywhere with the cost of overnight shipping. These are not soap that get sold at my $7 price. I would not have put the fat in the soap, but 2 jars came broken so I had 2 jars extra. I had to clean the fat but it was fine with the glass being only on the outside, since the fat had melted
https://desertfarms.com/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XP4FJT/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous!
Only you would think of camel fat soap! Is there anything left that you haven't soaped with?

Latest posts

Back