Lemon Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I want to make lemon bar soap CPOP. I've ready where you need to be careful about how much citrus you add to you recipe. I have lemon butter - has anyone ever used it and how much did you add. I don't see it on a soap calculator. I also plan on using lemon infused olive oil and lemon EO.

Lemon+Butter+Blend SAP

But you should check your own supplier.

I wouldn't know why you should be careful about the amount of citrus in your soap, as it is a rinse off product,
or it must be about the "limonene" amount (allergen).Those limonenes are the super cleansing factor in the soap. Makes it a perfect gardener's or kitchen soap. I don't know what your goal is, but citrus scents are top notes and the scent will fade rapidly, unless you anchor it with another EO. I heard positive reports on the five fold EOs. IME adding some zest may help the scent stick too. (Added to the lye it gives a nice lemony colour to the soap.) I love (natural) citrus soaps, but if for the scent, I rather rely on the FOs. Just my 2 cts. :)

May I ask yall if citrus fos have the not sticking problems like the eos do? I'll be using my first citrus fo this weekend and have never asked.

I've never heard of lemon butter. Now I gotta go google it lol.

I just had a look, and now I want some to try.For soap thogh sometimes I think super fancy ingredients are wasted, as it is a wash off product.
In creams, lotions, balms etc go for it.

Latest posts

Back