Lemon Basil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonbeam

Reaction score
SO this is funny, a customer brought me some from her garden and it smelled like heaven! Have you guys ever come across an EO for it? I've checked my usual sources and haven't found it.
I ended up making this incredible salad with that, fresh mozzeralla, OO and tomatoes from Market! MMMM

Thanks for the help!

that sounds delicious! I love salads and antipasto in the summer!

no, I've never come across lemon basil, but regular basil e/o soaps well and if you blended it with lemongrass e/o or maybe a stronger lemon, like lemon sugar or verbena f/o, i'll bet you come pretty close! btw, lemon e/o fades a lot in cp...get a good sticking f/o....hth!

I know, most citruses will do that unless they're anchored, hmmmmm. Oh well! Thank you!

I would want something stronger than lemon because the basil
EO is so strong I think. I would do maybe a bit of litsea and lemongrass with it.
My fav is basil and mint though. Maybe add a bit of lemon to that?

I hadn't thought of mint, that would be amazing! Years ago when I had my shop I made a basil lime and I was a little heavy handed with the basil, so anyhow, this little English man LOVED it, the first time he came in I said "did you MEAN to get that one?" he bought the entire batch!

Back