Stained soap saver?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have WHITE soap savers like this:
1716317880387.png
1716317880387.png My son, Sting's first recipe used a higher proportion of red palm oil than I have used. The soap savers are now stained orange and so far nothing has worked. I tried soaking them overnight in water, soaking them in water/vinegar, dishwashing machine. They are now soaking in 100% vinegar. Any advice?

My guess is that this is like a spaghetti sauce stain in Tupperware challenge. I would try soaking them in a strong solution of Dawn (blue/platinum) or possibly with some polysorbate 80 if you happen to have that around.

eta - just read up and agree that the bleach could work, but I would try it on one of them first.

@Zing , Red palm oil. It's like an unruly pet. It has some great qualities, but other times, you were warned, You chose it anyway and now you are scratching your head wondering why... What percentage of palm oil did your son use? I have a batch with 31% red palm oil. I haven't gotten around to trying it.

Latest posts

Back