Lemon and Cedar Delicate Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostho

Reaction score
A simple yet delicate and energizing soap for the body and for the face.
Made by extravirgin olive oil, rice oil, sweet almond oil and castor oil.

With lemon zests infusion and cedar essential oil.
I love simple but rich soaps!

bro_extravirgin_lemon_cedar.jpg

Suggestions and feedback more than welcome!
:)

Cheers!
S.

Did you use a cedar EO? I made a cedar soap last night, but it's waaaay too strong-1 oz per pound of cedar is making my stomach turn this morning. I'm thinking I may need to rebatch it with some plain soap to cut the EO.

Mouse said:
Did you use a cedar EO? I made a cedar soap last night, but it's waaaay too strong-1 oz per pound of cedar is making my stomach turn this morning. I'm thinking I may need to rebatch it with some plain soap to cut the EO.

My friend,
You are right. I think also that 1 ounce for pound is too much. Cedar should be used as base, to make something like a core flavor, so you need to put a lot less eo!
For instance, for this soap, I used to put 5gr per kg of eo of cedar plus 15gr of eo of lemon.
Cheers!
:)

Looks very pretty, simple and classy! I will make a lemon/cedarwood soap soon....maybe this week. I have 5x lemon. So, you used a 3 parts lemon to 1 part cedarwood....sounds perfect to me.

Hazel said:
Very nice! I also like your stamp.

Thank you Hazel, thank you all!

@Woodi: Yes, it's about like any perfume book says: 1 part of base, 3 parts of high and volatile perfumes. Cedar works like a base and can be substituted with Litsea Cubeba or (worst) Lemongrass.
I think it's also a matter of tastes!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back