Lavender sachets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santimar

Reaction score
Hi, I am making some lavender sachets to sell because I make laundry soap and wanted to have something else to complement it and I use lavender sachets as dryer sheets, my sachets are 3 x 3.5 and have 1/4 cup of lavenders buds, what could be a good selling price? I have seen them like 3 x $12.00 at Etsy, is it too much?
Thank you!!!!

I guess it depends on how the sachets are made. Are they cloth, and what kind cotton? Are they covered in lace or have cute patches. All those things will affect your price.

Honestly I'd figure out how much they cost you, add in all expenses and don't forget your labor. Once you have that price you can add in your profit. I would check etsy and ebay and amazon and find products that very closely match yours. See what they go for on average. If you can sell them at a decent profit then go for it.

How much people will spend for them is what the market will bare and will change as much in time as it will with the individual. Finding the happy medium is your goal.

Thank you so much.....I sew them myself in a very pretty fabric, definetly I will do what you have told me to see how much to price them!!!!:)

This is what they look like!!!!

1404343612688.jpg

1404343634780.jpg

Those are very nice. The fabric looks durable so it would last in a dryer. When the scent dissipates as all herbals will eventually, have you tried to renew the scent with EO? I'm not sure if it's possible without discoloring the fabric or if putting it in a ziplock bag with a cotton ball of EO would transfer some of the scent.

It might be something for you to try out. It might make a nice selling point if there is a way to renew the scent!

In my wanders through the internet, I discovered that some cloth diapers have a pocket in them, with another pice of cloth that slides into the pocket (for extra absorbency). Would something like that work? You could dab EO on that, and slide it back in. That way the EO doesn't touch the clothes...

Back