Lavender question.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Dove

Reaction score
I'm still a noob to soap making. I've done three batches and they've all been successful. My friend is anxious for me to make some stuff for her though.

She purchased .5 ounces of Lavender EO and 3 ounces of full lavender flowers.

She also bought what I think are rose buds. I have no idea what I can do with those.

I normally do batches around 50 ounces because that's what my mold will hold. I don't think the .5 oz of lavendar that she bought will make more than a pound of soap. Does that sound right?

I think whole lavender flowers are usually used for decoration right? What should I do with these flowers? Grind them up and mix them in?

Right now I'm thinking of making a 1 pound batch and mixing in a few tablespoons of ground lavender.

On a side note, what should I do with these dried rose buds?

Both lavendar and rose buds will turn brown in soap. If you want to use them for texture go lightly or the soap will be too abrassive. You can sprinkle them lightly on top of your soap for a decorative look (spray some alcohol on the soap to help adhere) and the colors should last until they fall off when the soap is used.

Lavender flowers and rosebuds

I would definitely sprinkle on top and mix in just slightly. Maybe add a little glitter? I use rosebuds on top of my rose/clay soap (just a couple) with a little iridescent glitter.......beautiful! I don't like the way it makes the soap look when it is mixed throughout.

I have had lavender buds stay the right color on top of soap. Rose buds turned color on me also put on top the soap.

Latest posts

Back