Lavender Lard Soap from 2008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I was just around at a friend's place before and he had one of my lavender/lard/coconut soaps at the sink for hand washing. It was sensational. Creamy, bubbly and the scent was lovely and had held well for over 3 years. He had used it for shaving this morning and loved the way it left his skin nice and soft.

I stopped at the supermarket on the way home and bought some lard. Pity it's so expensive here. Nearly $3 for 250g.

250g Coconut Oil
750g Lard
3 teaspoons Lavender
100% Goats milk as the liquid

What I find most interesting about this is the small quantity of lavender oil that I used. It was a time when I was buying essential oils at the pharmacy and they were so expensive that I was being stingy with the quantity. It would have been a fairly decent grade of lavender oil. :wink:

100_9388.jpg

I just unmoulded the one I made last night, so here it is. I used the old MW mould so it wouldn't gel. Not very exciting but does the job.

I love how soaps improve with age - even way past our minimum cure period.

Sounds lovely - I love both lard and coconut oil. I usually soap them in the reverse ration, but perhaps I'll try this!

They look so pretty! The white part is really nice, bright white. I see a lot of great reviews for lard soaps... I may just have to try it out soon.

Latest posts

Back