Laundry Soap ... Obsolete?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the first time I've ever gotten a Kickstarter headache. D'ya think people will pay me for developing said headache? :p

Am I the only one without a smart phone? And am I the only one who most emphatically cannot see the benefits of getting messages updating me about the status of the clothes in my washing machine?

"....The Bio Ceramics do two key things to your laundry water – they raise the pH level to 8.5 or greater. This shrinks the water molecules to a size that allows them to soak out the dirt within the fabric. The second key is they also create Hydrogen Peroxide that disinfects the clothes by killing bacteria and odor...."

Shrinks water molecules??? Urgh..... And where is the energy coming from to create the hydrogen peroxide?

I would be willing to say this team is far more fascinated and involved with the technology of their smart phone app and the data collection device than they are in making a truly functional cleaner for laundry. They wave their hands far too quickly and confusedly over the discussion of the actual cleaning process -- I sense a "shell game" scam going on.

There are a lot of mommy bloggers making laundry soap that supposedly cleans an amazingly large number of loads of laundry with just one bar of Fels Naptha soap. That's fairly magical thinking, IMO, but I have to give them credit for just sharing the recipe with their readers and not trying to scam $100,000 out of investors as well.

Honestly, a lot of everyday laundry -- office wear and such -- is relatively clean after a day's wear. A wash, even without soap, and a good dry will do a reasonably decent job of freshening these clothes for the next wear. So maybe these Crystal people will stay a couple of steps in front of the mob because it will take some time for people to realize their crystals really aren't doing a lot. I am quite willing to bet these crystals won't remove heavy grease from car repair work, the ground-in dirt and stink from the hog or cattle lot, and the like.

Am I the only one without a smart phone? And am I the only one who most emphatically cannot see the benefits of getting messages updating me about the status of the clothes in my washing machine?

You are not the only one without a smart phone (I don't even have a cell phone), nor the only one who cannot see the benefits of receiving constant updates on your wash cycle.

Shrinks water molecules??? Urgh..... And where is the energy coming from to create the hydrogen peroxide?

But it's like totally all natural and like from the earth. Totally.

There's nothing more natural than teeny, tiny water molecules... like itsy-bitsy water droplets that magically sprout cleaning fairies and like college girls on spring break only need the earth-loving sunrays to recharge. Tell me that makes less sense...

On a better way to spend your kickstarter dollars, I present:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

Oh, my. Exploding Kittens CARD game. Not even a tech-y gadget. Old school. They wanted only $10,000 and currently have well over $5 MILLION in pledges. Wowser. I'm sooooo not in the right occupation.

Oh, my. Exploding Kittens CARD game. Not even a tech-y gadget. Old school. They wanted only $10,000 and currently have well over $5 MILLION in pledges. Wowser. I'm sooooo not in the right occupation.

This is from the artist that does The Oatmeal web comic. I love his stuff. :D I have been in on this kickstarter for a while!

As P.T. Barnum used to say, 'there's a sucker born every minute'.

As an aside, I think we are the only ones without smart phones amongst our family/friends, but I must say that we are quite happy with our 'dumb phones' since they already do so much more than we have any use for. And better yet- our wallets are all the happier, too. :)

IrishLass :)

Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention I have a "dumb" phone also. It serves the purpose of being there if I have an emergency very nicely. I don't think people need to be looking stuff up on the internet while driving or even walking. Have you seen folks in the store standing still while doing stuff on their phone? OR running their buggy into stuff because they are looking at the phone?

Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention I have a "dumb" phone also. It serves the purpose of being there if I have an emergency very nicely. I don't think people need to be looking stuff up on the internet while driving or even walking. Have you seen folks in the store standing still while doing stuff on their phone? OR running their buggy into stuff because they are looking at the phone?

We notice this, too. What's even sadder to me is when we go out to eat at a restaurant and see tables of couples and/or families with their noses all buried in their phones instead of engaging with each other conversation. It makes me want to go over to them and give them all a shake.

Sorry....back to topic.....

I doubt very much if those there laundry spheres can get out the nasty oil stains from all the soaping and cooking that I do. That's where the rubber really meets the road.

IrishLass :)

I admit I have a smart phone but I use it so I can take credit cards at shows, not to check my laundry! Geeze how lazy can people get! Wait, don't answer that!

We notice this, too. What's even sadder to me is when we go out to eat at a restaurant and see tables of couples and/or families with their noses all buried in their phones instead of engaging with each other conversation. It makes me want to go over to them and give them all a shake.

To be fair, smart phones didn't start that. While I was growing up, we'd often go out to eat and have all of our noses buried in books/magazines. Smart phones just mean that we can be playing games instead, or condense down the size of the reading materials! (We rarely have much to say anyways, sadly. "What's going on?" "Same old, same old...")

My uncle doesn't have any cell phone, smart or dumb. He feels that he doesn't need one, especially since he'd have to leave it turned off in his car when he went to work anyways. (There's tight security requirements where he works.) He just doesn't see the point.

Latest posts

Back