Lathering of M&P soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purerok1

Reaction score
A question to all you lovely people who make M&P soap. Which oil do you use to get the best lathering result? We are using avocado oil at the moment, but it just does not seem to lather very well for our individual soap. It's okay for our slices which are made in a big mould. Thanks for your help. :D

you can add extra oils to MP? I am very new to this. How do you figure out how much to add?

donna

I've "solved the problem" in a pretty bone-headed way... kept tryng different soaps until I found some that lather better. I got a sampling of 6 types (the "sls free") from Crafter's Choice. They are pretty good, I think.

oh... forgot. Many companies make shaving soaps. I've tried only one (SFIC) and it lathers great. You might try mixing one of those in with the other you are using.

Purerok1 said:
A question to all you lovely people who make M&P soap. Which oil do you use to get the best lathering result? We are using avocado oil at the moment, but it just does not seem to lather very well for our individual soap. It's okay for our slices which are made in a big mould. Thanks for your help. :D
No, I thought you meant those of us who made our own M&P base. Go to Wholesale Supplies Plus and check the reviews for their M&P soaps.

Latest posts

Back