Lard on Sale at Walmart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I did want to report in that I did receive the package of Lard from Walmart this evening. I was fortunate on two counts, one that today was significantly cooler that the past few days and two, that I was home when it arrived so it didn't spend any time on my doorstep! I've checked the cartons and nothing is melted or even soft!!! Whew!!!

Have a good evening everyone!

Besides the 4lb bucket for 8.7¢ per lb, my Walmart also offers this option at just under 8.4¢ per lb. I'd love to get it, but am afraid I wouldn't use it up in time.

View attachment 75137
Huh that price isn’t available here
edited to note that this is actually being sold by someone else, maybe that’s why it’s only available to some?
IMG_8836.jpeg

Interesting! When I went to check, I can see that it is being shipped to me by Food Service Direct. The price is now $133 instead of $33 that I paid (yes, I decided to spring for the big pail). I sure hope it wasn't on sale because it is near the expiration date!

My 25lb /$34 bucket arrived last night. This weekend, I plan to portion it into smaller containers that will go into our garage freezer for long-term storage. The freezer already holds a whole bunch of rendered tallow in smaller containers. Now I can easily create smaller MB'd oil lots by defrosting one container each of lard and tallow, and adding my soft oils. Hooray and thanks again!

I am in North Carolina and I shop at Food Lion. For a long time I thought they only sold 1lb packages of lard, but they have an international section and that’s where the big tubs are
I've noticed that too in Walmart. They also have a section of an aisle for bulk items in grocery, but they move it around ~ I think the last time I saw it I was in the condiments aisle and they now have the condiments next to the frozen section. There you can find gallon jugs of condiments and other "restaurant" sized packages of other food items. Sometimes it's convenient because you don't have to have a Sam's Club membership to buy in bulk, but they can't fit everything in half an aisle so you won't find everything you need.

Yay I finally got in on this deal. When I first saw this post I
checked my Walmart app and everything was sold out but I kept checking every day. And found the snow cap for $1. 32 a pound, packaged by the pound.I bought the limit of 24. Then this morning
checked the app again and noticed the four pound snow cap bucket is on sale and in stock again for $5 and some change so I ordered three more. I love lard soap. So thank you to the original poster let me know to watch out for Walmart lard sales.

Yay I finally got in on this deal. When I first saw this post I
checked my Walmart app and everything was sold out but I kept checking every day. And found the snow cap for $1. 32 a pound, packaged by the pound.I bought the limit of 24. Then this morning
checked the app again and noticed the four pound snow cap bucket is on sale and in stock again for $5 and some change so I ordered three more. I love lard soap. So thank you to the original poster let me know to watch out for Walmart lard sales.
I went to the store in person and no sale prices, so thanks to @GinaDawn for the update (and @MichaelP for the initial heads up). One more note: if you buy at least $50 worth online you get another 20% off the total with the discount code WOWFRESH. I ended up paying about $1/lb!

ETA: you don't need a Walmart online membership to use the coupon/get free delivery, you just need the $50.00 minimum purchase on checkout.

Last edited:
I went to the store in person and no sale prices, so thanks to @GinaDawn for the update (and @MichaelP for the initial heads up). One more note: if you buy at least $50 worth online you get another 20% off the total with the discount code WOWFRESH. I ended up paying about $1/lb!
You're welcome I was disappointed I missed out on the sale so I constantly checked the app. I'm sorry I should have stated that the store price was $2.32 but because I had them deliver it to my car in the parking lot that same item cost $1.32 a pound. Crazy I know. And it was not available at my local Walmart I had to drive to the Walmart that was about 15 minutes away. Now the 4 lb buckets that I ordered today will be delivered to my house. I do not have to go pick that up. Thanks for the coupon code!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back