Lard on Sale at Walmart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reuse the buckets for all sorts of things. Nice handy size. Thanks for the heads-up @MichaelP
@Ford do you see it anywhere in our parts? All the Walmarts in NH that I can see say it’s out of stock.
edited to add I see that I could get it shipped - many people complained about it melting in transit though.
edited again to say it says it’s out of stock for shipping too. For me anyway.

@Vicki C I didn't even check the Walmart near me as I'm pretty sure they'd be out given that it's the season for Tamales. I didn't think about it melting in transit though! I'm a bit concerned about that as we are having an abnormally hot week this week in Southern California! Hope it doesn't arrive as a big puddle!

Happy Soaping Everyone!

In my locale, the 4lb bucket is $5.84, and the 4lb box is $8.98. 🧐🤔
Weird, @AliOop - maybe it’s only an online sale?
IMG_5015.png

Weird, @AliOop - maybe it’s only an online sale?
View attachment 75127
I saw this screen, and added it to my cart for shipping with no issue. When I went to pay, it was removed from my cart as unavailable. This happened a few weeks ago with this same item. At one point, they listed a 50lb bucket for $35, but when I went to cash out the price changed to like $140. Walmart has some weirdness going on with their app/website with the Snow lard, at least for me.

I ended up going to Price Right and getting the 1lb boxes of Morell, which were $1.99. Closer than Walmart, and quite a bit cheaper. Even when I buy the 8lb tub at my local Walmart, it's $2.54/lb.

I'm in MA, not too far from NH. Maybe the Walmart lard deal is location dependent.

Hi, @Vicki C plymouth had some on the shelf last Friday morning. But that's almost an hour from you.

"melting in transit"..... what are you going to do with it. When you get your hands on it? Melt it in a micro wave......... Happy soaping
Ha thanks. I think people were getting greasy packages with lard melted all over the place. Unhappy customers.

I was able to order it online and it should be arriving today. The weather here in Southern California is warmer than usual this week and our door front faces South-west-ish so afternoons (when things are usually delivered) the temps can be quite warm if not outright hot in that spot. I'll be on the lookout today and hope I'm home when they deliver. I let you all know how it arrived. I'll take pics if the box is an oozy fat soaked puddle! 😅

Happy Soaping Everyone!

They don't even sell Morrell in our Walmarts. It's shipping only. I get so tired of this. Everything has to be shipped to my area. How is there anything on the shelves in the stores?

Latest posts

Back