Lard is making a comeback

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard it makes wonderful soap, just not for me.

I simply can't get past the animal fat thing. I keep flirting with vegetarianism. As a family we are 'off the wagon' now, but just a few days ago we started a fruit fast with the intention of going pescitarian again.

ilovedoxies said:
I like french fries fried in lard w/a little bit of seansoning sprinkled on top. Mmmmmm.

My mom used to make french fries this way when we were kids and they were the best fries we ever ate. She would always save the strained fat left over from cooking bacon and use it to frying with other things.

I love my lard soap, too.

I'd love to get my hands on some leaf lard to make some pie crusts.

IrishLass :)

i use lard because i didn't know there was such an anti lard feeling. lol
i like the soap it has made so far and the way i look at it is, i wouldn't slather myself with straight lye, but it is changed when added to oil and water to soap. the thought is the same for me. i am not slathering animal fat on my body because what used to be animal fat no longer exists. it is simply soap.

French fries! There is a girl who makes soap look like french fires.

My family makes a huge batch of fries and tops it with cheese and real crumbled bacon. Hubby puts onions on his and then we have sour cream and fry sauce on the side! I love fry night! lol

krissy said:
i use lard because i didn't know there was such an anti lard feeling. lol
i like the soap it has made so far and the way i look at it is, i wouldn't slather myself with straight lye, but it is changed when added to oil and water to soap. the thought is the same for me. i am not slathering animal fat on my body because what used to be animal fat no longer exists. it is simply soap.

Exactly!

IrishLass :)

Oh yum, I love lard. I remember when I was little my dad used to smear both sides of a piece of bread, stick it on a fire poker and then cook it over our open fire, it was sooooo good.

Latest posts

Back