Jackpot!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I live not too far from a small Amish community, and that's the best option for me to get lye...but I didn't even think about all the "other" stuff... I bought 5 lb. bags of epsom salt for $1.35 ea.! Pink Himalayan salt is $2 a lb. Cornstarch and baking soda-$.50 a lb., citric acid $.75 a lb. CO is $9 a gal.!
No shipping fees, and it's about a 10 minute drive! Don't I feel like I've missed out all this time...lol
And the nice lady that owns the place gave me the catalog she orders from, and said if I need anything, to let her know, and she'd order it- at only 20% over her cost!
Woohoo :)

Because it'd make me feel like a terrible person...lol...
Besides that, it's a company that only delivers to Amish communities, I'm not sure why, but that's how it works. At the prices she charges, I still feel like I got a good deal, helped out someone else's business, and she wants to keep my laundry bars in stock :)

Nice. My question would be, if she gave you the catalog she orders from who is it? And why pay 20% if you have the catalog :)

Stacyspy,
I live close to a couple of Amish stores as well that I buy a lot of my oils and lye at. If you make any milk soaps you can get a gallon of fresh goats milk for a couple of bucks at a neighboring farm. They quit letting the stores sell fresh milk a few years ago... You'll need to take your own container. I just freeze it in the portions I want to use and if they have day old milk the price is even better...

Latest posts

Back