Isopropyl Alcohol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonkaz

Reaction score
I've read about this being used to spray on the top of soap when it's in the mould. Today I saw pump bottles of isopropyl alcohol (from small to massive) in Bunnings. It was in the same section as glues and read like it was for cleaning.

Is this something cp soapers use?

I didn't realise that Bunnings sold it. Don't suppose you remember the cost? I get mine from Heirloom Body Care or one of the other soap suppliers, depending on who I'm ordering from. I sometimes spray the tops of goat milk soaps to help with ash and I use it for melt and pour soaps.

Dragonkaz said:
From memory the small pump bottle ... probably 125 ml was a bit under $3.

Hmmmm, when you say a small pump bottle...is it a spray bottle?

I can't see isopropyl in a pump bottle. It's as fluid as water. So I wonder if it's something else?

agriffin said:
Dragonkaz said:
From memory the small pump bottle ... probably 125 ml was a bit under $3.
Hmmmm, when you say a small pump bottle...is it a spray bottle?
It's what I call a pump pot ... but I guess technically it's a pump spray, as it's in a bottle that sprays out the liquid when you pump it. It's Diggers Isopropyl Alcohol. Says it's ti ouses are - hard surface cleaner, cleans lens, mirrors, glass, keyboards, computer screens and equipment.

Sorry if my explanation is a bit sketchy.

Latest posts

Back