Is this called riced soap and is it safe to use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to soap and this is just my third batch.

When I added essential oil at light trace (4g. of Rosemary + 3g. of Lavender + 2g. of sweet orange >> I think the culprit was lavender, since I used it for a very first time.) and continued blending, I noticed a little lumps or clots in my green soap batter and it's even worse with the purple batter but I decided to pour them anyway. It turns out just like in the pictured attached.

Is it safe to use? I and my husband love the smell of the soap so much and he kinda like the spooky purple lumps. Since ingredients are very expensive in Thailand, I hope I can use it.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20231022_162605.jpg
    IMG_20231022_162605.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231022_162621.jpg
    IMG_20231022_162621.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Very pretty soap, and I can almost smell how good it smells!

Yes, that could be ricing. As long as the soap doesn’t zap, it should be fine to use. If it does zap, let it cure for a few week and try again. Similarly, if you have any oily spots, see if they reabsorb during the cure.

Very pretty soap, and I can almost smell how good it smells!

Yes, that could be ricing. As long as the soap doesn’t zap, it should be fine to use. If it does zap, let it cure for a few week and try again. Similarly, if you have any oily spots, see if they reabsorb during the cure.
Thank you for your answer!
I'll do a zap test as you suggested. I plan to test in 7-10 days, since I'm a bit scared to put some lye on my tongue.

Latest posts

Back