Insurance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvOurNewf

Reaction score
For those of you that sell and have made the choice not to have liability insurance as it's "just a hobby" and "it's soap" my agent likes to point out that as soon as you charge for your "hobby' it became a business.

Also your soap may be the greatest thing since the merry-go-round, hate the sliced bread reference, but insurance covers more than your product. I too don't worry too much about my finished product causing any problems but what about the customer that walks into your booth at a craft show. Looks around, makes encouraging comments, maybe even buys a bar or two or three. Then on the way out they trip over the leg of your table or the pretty cloth covering and end up face first into the sidewalk. Bet you wish you had that insurance policy now.

Do yourself a favor. If your going to sell, do it right. It'll be like having car insurance for your car. Hate to pay for it but **** glad it's there if ever needed.

Latest posts

Back