*#$!ing Partial Gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foresthome

Reaction score
I made this pumpkin soap for a fall festival. I used real pumpkin and should have kept it in the oven to acheive full gel, but not thinking I tried to stop it from gelling. So now I am stuck with 18 bars of pumpkin pie scented partial gel soap.. UGHHHHHH

Note to self, any soap with milk or vegetable in it has natural sugar and will want to gel.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... ething.jpg

use the oval part as a jack-o-lantern outline and stamp eyes and grin...

I hate partial gels too. If it is really ugly I will felt it. you could do some really cool halloween soaps with the felts!

Carebear... Admin B!tch... hahahaha

JackiK said:
Jezzy said:
Carebear... Admin B!tch... hahahaha

It's the trademark part I like :lol:

Actually, it's the ™ that's really my trademark... The rest is just descriptive. :twisted:

And the title was a birthday gift.

I had a partial gelled soap that looks like a weird type of decoration because it's a gelled circle in the middle of each bar :)

The pumpkin link didn't work, but your two other soaps are beautiful! Your swirling technique is amazing. I am highly jealous!

I don't think I'd have even known it was partial gel because the swirls are great. Looks like a success to me! Nice soaps.

These are in IPS, I just pour them into 4 spots and swirl once with a spatula, and pour it into the mold. Thanks for the compliments. You should smell the MacIntosh Apple, it smell like a fresh picked apple.
I used Crafter's Choice Fresh Picked Apple, 3 oz per 60 oz. of oils.

looks good to me, dont tell anyone that it partial gelled, they wont know.

Latest posts

Back