indigo powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubnica

Reaction score
I would like to try indigo powder for my CP soap but I wander is the blue kind of gray-blue?
Thank you for ny input.

Sorry, I can't answer your questions but would like to add one to it...
I have an acquaintance that used indigo powder, added to the oils at trace it was a beautiful purple but changed to a green blue color when cured. Is this normal? is there anyway to keep the purple color? The only suggestion I had for her was she may need to use some titanium dioxide.

doubletake said:
I have an acquaintance that used indigo powder, added to the oils at trace it was a beautiful purple but changed to a green blue color when cured. Is this normal? is there anyway to keep the purple color? The only suggestion I had for her was she may need to use some titanium dioxide.

i haven't tried indigo but have tried woad powder, and got a grey-blue color i wasn't crazy about. my understanding of indigo powder is that a little bit goes a very long way, and that it will turn out a shade of denim. will be most curious to hear how it goes!!! and if anyone's had any experience with woad, i would love to hear it!

paillo said:
doubletake said:

i haven't tried indigo but have tried woad powder, and got a grey-blue color i wasn't crazy about. my understanding of indigo powder is that a little bit goes a very long way, and that it will turn out a shade of denim. will be most curious to hear how it goes!!! and if anyone's had any experience with woad, i would love to hear it!

Actually, I used a woad this weekend. I didn't use enough and it didn't effect the color of my soap. :( I used 1/4 t for a 5 lb recipe.

Latest posts

Back