I tried a hanger swirl yesterday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapoho

Reaction score
I decided to try a mostly Lard recipe that gives me some time to play, so I fashioned a hanger with a wire hanger and one of those large blue straws Stripes has for their fountain drinks.
This is by far, one of the best color swirls I have ever accomplished!

Forgive the washed out look, fluorescent lights suck.

I've been soaping since 2008. I went through the MUST TRY ALL AWESOME OILS, and shampoo! And lotion! And let's start a business!! Of course, after money spent, and more money spent, recipe trials, and research into the business side (even had website, logo & insurance!), I discovered I am a hobbyist. I am physically unable to make it to craft shows (Fibromyalgia and a three year old kinda keep my abilities tethered and unpredictable).
I like Lard. I like playing with techniques and they aren't always pretty. I like to take breaks - meaning I may not feel like soaping for months at a time.

BUT, one thing I can count on is coming to these forums and finding just completely amazing ideas, awesome pictures, stories, experiments, and overall, just a lot of inspiration.

Soapers are an amazing group and I am happy to be one of them!

soap.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those are so cool! And if thats washed out, I dare to see one of your soaps that are vibrant :) Awesome :)

Very, very nice work. I LOVE doing hanger swirls. I generally do I blob of color in the middle or on top. The three color lines you used were really smart, but I'm most impressed with your color tones. They would be dead ringers on the color wheel.

Great soap and I applaud you for finding your happiness. It's really all that matters.

Is it just me, or does it sorta look like a colorful xray of teeth. Especially that one in the middle, Looks like a molar.

Is it just me, or does it sorta look like a colorful xray of teeth. Especially that one in the middle, Looks like a molar.

HA! JB started it again......just sayin' :p

And yes, it looks like a molar, but I wasn't gonna be the one to start it this time :lol:

Beautiful! I love the color combo, and the swirls are lovely. I've been soaping a long time and have yet to try that technique....because I mostly HP...but I really do want to give it a try sometime. TFS!

HA! JB started it again......just sayin' :p

And yes, it looks like a molar, but I wasn't gonna be the one to start it this time :lol:

You know, I thought of you when I was making that post. I decided to just plow on and channel my inner Jani. :)

I mixed yellow and red Vibrance micas (looks more like a mauve to me) for the copper, and green & blue Vibrance for the teal-ish blue color, from Nurture Soap Supplies. It was more or less equal amounts of each.

I can't wait to try another one, I hope I have the time tomorrow!!

Latest posts

Back