I love making soap, but hate thinking of names for it...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersoaper3000

Reaction score
I just came up with this design a couple of days ago. Listing it on etsy as 'Forest Jade Fantasy' to go with the Sage/Fennel EO blend that it is scented with. I'd would love any suggestions anyone may have for an alternate name. What does this soap make you think of? Thanks for any and all assistance :)
forest6.jpg

Forestgroup.jpg

forest9.jpg

Well, since you ask: the first thing that came to my mind (don't hit me) was:: Eels in aspic (sorry).

I like your Forest Jade fantasy.

What is your customer base like? That should guide your choices a bit. I see serpent's lair or something mystical and earthy like that.

Moss is a very trendy word right now, probably searched a lot if you could work that in because of the green tones.

It also looks like marbled glass.
Marble fantasy?

Emerald sounds good too....Emerald Marble? is 'marble' or 'marbled' a pretty word? Not sure now, as it's only 5:30AM here now, brain not fully awake yet.

It's truly beautiful soap. I'll bet it sells out quickly.

How did you get the clear jellied look? is this MP? How DID you get all those colors in there?

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to pass your table without buying a bar or three.

Tabitha: great tip with the moss! Always looking for more search tag ideas, that is a good one, thanks :D

Northland: I wonder what the Emerald city smells like? Especially with rainbow hued horse of many color droppings littering the streets...

Twilitr: Great extension of the Emerald Idea, thanks!

Woodi: Yeah, this is a clear M&P. My methods are pretty insane...but since you asked: this is a combination of four different colors, mixed and cooled in separate containers, then when it is just barely set up I cut some of the material into thin ribbons using a cheese slicer and tear the rest into smallish pieces. I then take a gold mica suspended in glycerin and dabble that onto the clear pieces. Next we dump the whole thing into a heated chamber that I made and use a big, heavy stick to agitate the material into a semi-paste that mixes all the stuff together. Very, very touchy as clear m&p will turn white if you over do it. In the end I have a big ol' brick that I cut into these bars.
Back in the 90's I had a job mixing colors and doing R&D for a soap company called TSPink (the owner is an artist who trained and inspired me to see the wonderful expressive potential of clear soap). I got paid to play with hundreds of pounds of M&P that I didn't have to pay for, total dream job (until it got all corporate). My point is, I wouldn't recommend trying something like this as the potential for failure is pretty substantial. If you are interested I would be happy to make a tutorial or two about getting some cool fx with clear M&P that are much easier to achieve.
Thanks to you all for your input, it really does help me to get as many different perspectives as I can. You guys rock!

supersoaper3000 said:
Tabitha: great tip with the moss! Always looking for more search tag ideas, that is a good one, thanks :D

Northland: I wonder what the Emerald city smells like? Especially with rainbow hued horse of many color droppings littering the streets...

Twilitr: Great extension of the Emerald Idea, thanks!

Woodi: Yeah, this is a clear M&P. My methods are pretty insane...but since you asked: this is a combination of four different colors, mixed and cooled in separate containers, then when it is just barely set up I cut some of the material into thin ribbons using a cheese slicer and tear the rest into smallish pieces. I then take a gold mica suspended in glycerin and dabble that onto the clear pieces. Next we dump the whole thing into a heated chamber that I made and use a big, heavy stick to agitate the material into a semi-paste that mixes all the stuff together. Very, very touchy as clear m&p will turn white if you over do it. In the end I have a big ol' brick that I cut into these bars.
Back in the 90's I had a job mixing colors and doing R&D for a soap company called TSPink (the owner is an artist who trained and inspired me to see the wonderful expressive potential of clear soap). I got paid to play with hundreds of pounds of M&P that I didn't have to pay for, total dream job (until it got all corporate). My point is, I wouldn't recommend trying something like this as the potential for failure is pretty substantial. If you are interested I would be happy to make a tutorial or two about getting some cool fx with clear M&P that are much easier to achieve.
Thanks to you all for your input, it really does help me to get as many different perspectives as I can. You guys rock!

Failure is how people learn to succeed. There are some pretty clever M&P soapers on here that could probably replicate that without a tutorial. It's very beautiful- thanks for posting it. The colors are wonderful- I like the emerald name idea as well.

Eeep! My post does give off a 'don't try this at home vibe' doesn't it? Sorry about that, thanks for calling it out agriffin. I just meant I am still pretty recreational in my crafting and tend to produce a bit of waste in the pursuit of nice lookin soap. :oops:

supersoaper3000,

I thought your post was fine.

Ian would kill for a couple of your tutorials to add to the SMF tutorial site. He will link it back to you, if you are game. If you would rather keep it under your hat that is all good too.

Thanks for the offer.

It makes me think of the Kelp Forests and how they sway in the refracted light. Or Spring Leaves or Dew Dappled Leaves. New Leaves...Spring Fling...Forest Fairy. Meadow Fronds. Fern Fronds. It is TDF soap! Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to see more pics!!!!

supersoaper3000 said:
Eeep! My post does give off a 'don't try this at home vibe' doesn't it? Sorry about that, thanks for calling it out agriffin. I just meant I am still pretty recreational in my crafting and tend to produce a bit of waste in the pursuit of nice lookin soap. :oops:
I thought what you wrote was very helpful and am thrilled with your offer to share your knowledge and experience.

Wow! Thanks for the input everybody :D

It sounds like we are all pretty much coming from the same direction here, it really is a big help feeling out product names like this so thanks again :!:

Not that it helps with the name but your soap looks like green fluorite, a very beautiful stone.

It looks old english,like something out of the old Arthurian tales? Morgaines Deep, Avalon Mist,Mystic Isle.It's truly gorgeous soap,whatever you name it! 8)

It makes me think of fairy's and fairy dust, mossy like too. I'm not really sure why I think that lol

Latest posts

Back