HP or CPOP, which one is going to be ready quicker?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivcarm

Reaction score
I know I am asking what probably is on the site any way, what is best to use a soap straight away? Is it, Hp or can I use CPOP, I would rather use the latter as it is a present, it's shaving soap, so it will be poured into ramekins, so I am not sure about the surface of HP, but if CPOP could be used I would be really happy, as it is for next week. I know lazy dizzy soul that I am, I just never got organised! Thanks in advance!

Some say you can use the CPOP in as little as 2 weeks. But say it is best to wait the full 4-6 weeks for it to cure to a more mild and hard bar.

Reaons I think they say this..... It is not exactly cooking out the lye like a HP is therefore there could still be active lye in the soap. CPOP is only making it gel fully.

Val

It's been my experience that even with HP if you let it cure at least a couple of weeks it is a harder longer lasting bar. I let mine cure 3 before I give them to anyone. But that is just my preference.

I am thinking that if it is in a ramekin it doesn't need to be super hard, obviously it will get harder (and better) over time, but it will still be a useable product with a shaving brush.

CPOP is a Hot Process (HP). It can be used as soon as you unmold it, however all HP is better after a week or two.

HTH

Oh Thank you so much for that info, that's what I thought, It's for my brother, so it won't matter too much if it's a bit soft. It will make a better looking product with CPOP. :D

Lindy
SO, i didnt know i could use cpop right away? they are sure hard enough, i usually wait a week or two, but good to know!

Latest posts

Back