How to have Sample Scents displayed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna75126

Reaction score
I need some suggestions on how to have sample scents on display? I will be doing bath bombs that are wrapped, scrubs that will be sealed some bath salts and body butter. I was going to have about 2 open scrubs out and one bath bomb out (providing it is not raining or really humid)
What will hold a scent that will be out in the open for several hours.

Donna

Do you plan on having full size scrubs open for people to sniff? As a customer that would turn me off, because in the back of my mind I'd be wondering if you planned on packaging those back up and selling them after who knows what has gotten into them.

If it's not raining or isn't too humid, I'd stick with the bath bombs sitting out for people to sniff.

Good luck with getting the peaple to even use the samples. When I sold body sprays I would have a smaller bottle with large letters saying SAMPLE and had them right in front of the ones I was trying to sell and many would still try to take the cap off of the ones I was selling or try to spray them. When I would ask them to use the samples they always responded with "oh sorry I did not see them". I don't belive them, I think there are those will never use anything called a sample so good luck with your samples.

Bruce

No I wasnt planning on having a full size jar out as a sample. The jars that I would have out to buy will have a seal on them.
I was thinking maybe have a sugar scurb out so as to see what it was like and then have small bags of epsom salt with the scent. Like if I am having 20 different scents then I thought maybe 20 small bags of salt and each one with a scent.

I just did not want to do a bunch of little jars laying around with each scent because I am not going to have that much space.

Donna

Back