How to balance a Lavender EO that is high in camphor?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephschre

Reaction score
Got a batch of French Lavender EO and it is a bit high in camphor for my taste and lacks any floral note. Anyone got a good recommendation on what to add to temper it a bit?

I work with essential oils a lot in my work and love sweetening lavender up with orange. I am very new to soapmaking but from what I have read citrus oils don't hold up well in soap :cry: Which is such a disappointment since citrus is so great with other oils or by itself. I have seen a few posts on the topic of citrus and its lack of staying power and there seem to be a few people with tricks to capture the scent.

Also, straight out of the bottle Lavender often seems unappealing but when diluted in oil, or soap, wouldn't seem so harsh on the nose, and some people love the strong lavender scent. :) It could be a good thing.

I'd say add something sweet. I agree that orange EO doesn't hold up, but I blend mine with lemongrass and LOVE it. Granted my lavender isn't overly camphoraceous so I'm not sure how it would work for you.

Perhaps a touch of anise?

Latest posts

Back