How much beer for beer soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooklynn J.

Reaction score
I’m going to be making a beer soap and I’m aware I need to boil the beer to burn off the alcohol. I’m replacing the milk from my recipe with the beer, and the amount of milk is 9.5oz. Do I use just 9.5oz of beer or is there I special formula I use to determine how much extra beer I use? How long would I boil it?

Last edited:
I’m aware I need to boil the soap to burn off the alcohol.
Maybe that was a typo, but just in case… you actually should boil the beer (not the soap). 😊 Do that before making soap with it, or the alcohol will cause the soap batter to seize.

Once the alcohol has boiled off, you can use beer as full replacement for your liquid.

Maybe that was a typo, but just in case… you actually should boil the beer (not the soap). 😊 Do that before making soap with it, or the alcohol will cause the soap batter to seize.

Once the alcohol has boiled off, you can use beer as full replacement for your liquid.
Oops yes that was supposed to be boil the beer. So all I need is 9.5oz of flat beer, boil that, and use the remainder?

Latest posts

Back