How much additives to use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaan

Reaction score
Hi! I have made a few batches,but am confused with the additives.. i made a batch with papaya,it was too soft..i made with wine,it got very hot and thick,spatula did not move and oil separated.. it somehow turned into soap..i added neem and basil leaves paste,that did not show any result..may be i added less..so is there a particular amount to add paste,purees of fruits and veggies and powders like clays,herbs,etc..and yes,honey and citrus fruits..please guide..

Any food additives, whatever you add must be subtracted from your liquid amount. I've only use pumpkin and cucumber so not a lot of extras other than milks and I generally use about 2 T. PPO for the pumpkin and I've used liquified cucumber (strained) for my full water. As for honey I use 1 tsp ppo and watch as any added sugars can cause overheating.

Anything with alcohol needs to have it well cooked to remove the alcohol or it is likely to give you trouble.

I would use the search option for any specific additive that you are looking to use and see what the threads discuss. Much more direct than a rather general overview can be.

Latest posts

Back