How is this done?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I found some soap pics like this one on Flickr. This isn't mine, but I'd love to make soap like this.
Is this just soap balls mixed into CP batch?

2781153955_30197944a7.jpg

That's what it looks like to me.
The soap mixture has to be thick enough to keep them from all
settling to the bottom.

I did that once and cut some of the balls in 1/2.
Stuck them to the bottom and sides of the mold so there would be
balls there too when it's sliced.

Pink balls (looks like meat) and blue balls men laugh about. LOL

Well, I won't have any trouble getting the sops thick enough! That's my problem- I don't know how to keep it THIN enough to do anything pretty

:cry:

juicybath said:
Well, I won't have any trouble getting the sops thick enough! That's my problem- I don't know how to keep it THIN enough to do anything pretty

:cry:

You still doing HP?
With CP, you'll have to worry about it being THICK enough. LOL
It's all a balancing act.

You make the soap planets/balls out of shredded or softer soap .Here is a pic that shows the layers . You pour a layer of thinly traced soap , arrange the planets , pour more soap , etc .It is a lot of fun. I made this bubbleyum for my grandkids.

CIMG5559.jpg

Kitn

JB, you doin' cp and trying to do this?

if so, just don't take into as thick of a trace.

i'm not an expert, and am actually kind of retarded sometimes, but i've found that SB for 20-30 seconds (keeping in mind, i'm doing 2.5# batches, not 10#)(meaning have to keep it relative) is enough to full emulsify my mix. have yet to have separation, and this allows to not have such a thick, unruly batter.

i've read trace is actually only a confirmation saponification has began, so a thick trace is not necessary.

don't shoot the messenger, this is just info i've found. not trying to pass this along as my own experience

Soap with balls and other bits!! I make lots of them, love it!! You dont need to worry about the thickness especially if the balls are quite small. By the time you have poured half way up the mould it should be thick enough. I sprinkle balls in and if I want them to go lower down the mould I throw them in so the plop in deeper, its fun. Check out my second Xmas soap, Im just posting it on the picture gallery now. I make my balls from rebatched soap, I can then colour and scent this as I want, gives much more flexibility.

Latest posts

Back