How do you organize your oils and stuff ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azgirl

Reaction score
Not sure where to post but as I find myself getting more and more immersed into the business of making my sugar scrubs (im an addict) and the whipped body butter. They have taken over my kitchen and pantry. Thank god for delivery, as 95% of my kitchen counter space is occupied with bottles. Does anyone have pictures of how they organized in tight places or thoughts? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:roll:

Az_Girl

It depends what the oils are. My essential and fragrance oils are stored in my fragrance cabinet. My soapmaking oils like coconut I get in 50 lb. buckets, so they stay on the floor of my soaping room. My fragile oils that I use for lotions and such are in my second refrigerator that I bought just for this purpose. My mango butter is in the freezer.

Im thinking I need to move so I have a second bedroom to work , I also like the second refridgrator. Thanks so much. Why is the mango butter kept in the freezer?

azgirl said:
Im thinking I need to move so I have a second bedroom to work , I also like the second refridgrator. Thanks so much. Why is the mango butter kept in the freezer?
I have no room in the fridge, so I figured the freezer was the second best place. :D

freezer

Thanks soap buddy, appreciate the input been flying around trying to get ready for the holidays

How do you organize your oils and stuff

I have a large container where I keep all my EOs and that's kept in an armoire (in the dark, it helps) where I also put my linens - you've guessed it, my linens smell WONDERFUL! :wink:

I also keep some containers there.

Carrier oils are kept in the refrigerator, of course.

I guess it all depends on how much stuff you actually have and the nature of said stuff. If you need another bedroom, you may have way more than I do!
No question though, being organized helps with production, inventory and sanity! :shock:

What are some basic carrier oils and butters that need refrigerating? I'm sure I spelled that wrong. :oops: Spellcheck has ruined my once stellar abilities :lol:

Re: How do you organize your oils and stuff

Catmehndi said:
I have a large container where I keep all my EOs and that's kept in an armoire (in the dark, it helps) where I also put my linens - you've guessed it, my linens smell WONDERFUL! :wink:

I also keep some containers there.

Carrier oils are kept in the refrigerator, of course.

I guess it all depends on how much stuff you actually have and the nature of said stuff. If you need another bedroom, you may have way more than I do!
No question though, being organized helps with production, inventory and sanity! :shock:[/quote

The second bedroom isnt just for storge I am going to turn it onto a mini lab :shock:

All carrier oils and butters should be kept in a cool place, preferably refrigerated to ensure a longer shelf life.
EOs should be kept away from heat and light (in case that was your next question :wink: )

Back