How can I protect my name?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezzy

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting my ducks in a row. My question is after having labels, cards, logos designed. Is there a way to protect my name or make sure that no one else can claim it?

I am not sure this is necessary I just want to be sure that no one says that I stole their name (and to my best knowledge I didn't) I spent a LOT of time making sure of that. :wink:

Yes, you can trademark your brand, assuming that someone else hasn't already done so.

Go to www.uspto.gov to search for existing marks, filing & registration, etc... pretty much everything you need to know!

She's not in the US.

I am unfamiliar with global trademarking, but for venues like Etsy and the like, often the first one there gets the name (unless someone has already trademarked it).

Jezzy you may also want to check with your government about trademarking to protect it at least in Germany if not all of the EU....

Cheers

So how many people here have trademarked there company name? It looks expensive and complicated., but it would be a pain if you started a buis and somebody stole the name.

Latest posts

Back