Homogenized palm oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godschild

Reaction score
I was contemplating ordering a 50lb cube of homogenized palm oil so I wouldn't have to keep melting it. It has a warning that they aren't responsible if it melts during shipment. If anyone on here orders it from Soaper's choice, how is it packaged? Does it come in a leakproof sealed bag or container? I wouldn't want to order it and it melt during shipment and I just end up with a messed up leaky empty box. I would like to order it today and can't call to ask them this.

Hello godschild, buy a 8 or so of 16 oz "disposable tupperware". Melt your 7 lb pail of Palm oil and give it a good stir, pour into the 16 oz containers. Melt those as you need them. I did notice some sediment on the bottom. So it does need to be stirred.
Maybe you deal in larger amounts?
Roy

I was contemplating ordering a 50lb cube of homogenized palm oil so I wouldn't have to keep melting it. It has a warning that they aren't responsible if it melts during shipment. If anyone on here orders it from Soaper's choice, how is it packaged? Does it come in a leakproof sealed bag or container? I wouldn't want to order it and it melt during shipment and I just end up with a messed up leaky empty box. I would like to order it today and can't call to ask them this.

I get that type of palm from Soaper's Choice. As long as you're ordering at the right time of the year, you should have no problems. It's poured into a thick blue plastic bag and double boxed. I have never had leaking or problems, but I make certain to order before it gets hot out.

I have ordered it before. I melt it down in to smaller Tupperware. I also ordered it back in January. I don't know where you are at but here in st Louis it is starting to get warmer. So if you are near here or where its warm I would order it sooner than later. Keep in mind though regardless of weather it is going to sit in a hot warehouse somewhere down the line. I didn't run into a problem but then again I ordered in freezing temperatures.

Great thing about soapers choice for me is the shipping on a $50 lb cube was like $12 and it got to me in one day because they are just up the road near Chicago.

It's shipped and packaged really well. However, you don't have to melt it. That's why is homogenized. Just transfer it into a bucket just to make it easier than trying to lug the big box out each time. I'm on my 2nd 50 lb block of this stuff and it works so well. I hated having to melt it.

I also use homogenized palm oil and I love it...would never go pack to melting, mixing, and repackaging in smaller tubs. This is such a time saver. And that reminds me...I should probably place another order before the hot Midwest summer arrives (though it's been such a long winter, I am SO ready for it!).

Thanks to all. I will be ordering mine this week and praying for it not to melt on its way to Mississippi. I hope you are all having a blessed Easter. <3

Latest posts

Back