Hi from South Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyfootfarm

Reaction score
Hiya everybody. I'm new to the world of soap, found the forum during various searches for things. I jumped in head first and my first soap was a goat milk soap, it worked really well (I was super careful and had read a LOT) so I am hooked. We are hoping to make an income from soap as we have our own dairy goats and there are so many people who love GM soap we won't be able to keep up with it.

I'm going through past threads on the CP forum, am up to page 8 of 32something so it might take a while :lol: but there is some really good tips in there!

Hi and welcome ... I'm also living in South Aussie and have just joined this forum.

I love goats milk soap, but have no access to it, so have been using oils instead for my soaps ... and I've only made two batches, so have a long way to go.

Good luck with your plans to turn this into a business. I'm not sure where this will lead me, but I'm not discounting selling as a possibility sometime in the future ...

We have some fabulous homemade soapers here in South Aussie and it's been using their soaps (and other's I buy from New Zealand), that has lead me to giving this a go.

Thanks soapbuddy :D

What region of SA are you in Dragon, we may cross paths and I could throw you some milk to play with. I had no trouble with scorching because I kept it in an ice bath while adding the caustic soda, so if you do that you should be fine with it.

I'm reading the old threads like mad trust me :lol: I have a lot of learning to do and this seems to be the best resource on the net I've found. I'll get my act together tomorrow and take photos of these first batches of soaps. We found a good supply of silicon heart shaped ice cube trays and I unmolded an OMH and GM batch today and they look pretty cute :D

There is a lot of Australians on the board, which is great, we can help each other with hints etc on suppliers. I'm actually a QLDer, I moved here 6 years ago so not really South Australian. But the last few days has been like being back in Brisbane with all this rain and humidity!

I've started a thread in the CP forum and uploaded a pic there is anyone is interested.

hello

Hello
I to am from South Australia. I started making soaps about 5 weeks. I started by trying to find out how to dry out lavender which then led me to how to make lavender oil which then let me to how to make cp soap. Now I cant stop........ I'm so absorbed with it I've ignored my house work, my husband and my children!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back