Hi Folks - Newbie in need of help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiney19

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm totally new to this kind of crafting and I am in need of assistance please. I'm so new I;ve not even bought any supplies yet

I want to make solid shampoo bars just for myself not to sell and to make them as easily as possible. I've seen a site UK bases as am I that sells a melt and pour base for solid shampoo and I suppose I will just add my own colours and fragrance oils.

I really want to make solid hair conditioner bars like the jungle ones that Lush sell which I am betting are cocoa oil based - is there an easy way for a starter like me to make similar to these? The recipes I've seen on the internet seem to be really complicated and have a lot of really strange ingredients

Thanks guys I would appreciate any help anyone can offer

Take care

xxx

hi Kerrie

Thanks for the reply.

I really do have to get some supplies together and make some other simple great things

Take care

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Are you looking for a recipe to make a shampoo bar out of a melt and pour soap base?

If so, this might help you.

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/recip ... ipe_id=297

I've never made a shampoo bar so I don't know how well this one might work. I think it would have to be adjusted a bit depending on whether you have dry or oily hair. I'm sure there would be more recipes so you could try google.

hi

sorry for the confusion. I've found a supplier for a melt and pour solid shampoo base which I think I can use to make a sold shampoo but I would like to make a solid conditioner to go with it but I can't find an easy recipe if anyone can help.

I bought a lush jungle conditioner and it was great so I'd like to have a go at making something similar .

thanks

Pam

hi

thanks I saw this blog a few days ago - it's a bit too complicated for me. I was thinking more of a lotion bar to use after shampooing and just wash out.

thanks for the message

take care

Pam

Lotions bars generally have beeswax in them to get the lotion to stay somewhat solid. That's not going to rinse out of your hair.

Latest posts

Back