Help on newbie on soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You haven't seen any of the movie threads posted by spammers? That's spam. This person hadn't posted movie threads but had posted comments which are considered "spam holders". This means the person posts an innocuous comment and lets a few days go by. Then this person comes back and edits the post to put a spammy link in it. Because several days have passed, this type of spam can get easily missed and will remain until someone stumbles across it. There are probably still some of this type of spam on the forum.

Because of the contradiction of the grammar and spelling, I wondered about this person so I searched for the recipe. That's how I found out it was from DF's article. Then I checked this person's IP & email addy. The IP was all right but the email addy came back connected to 2 other spammers. This is how I knew the person wasn't a legit member and was actually a spammer.

My goodness, I *did* think it was a legitimate member. I had no idea what people do to spam forums. That's ridiculous. Oh the people in this world!

I blush. It's not hard to pick up on these types of posts once you're aware of the idea of spam holders. However, it might not always be a spammer which is why I double check. Another way of spamming which I haven't seen for awhile is they use smileys to hide a link. So, if a post seems a little odd and it has 2 or 3 smileys in a row, it's possible there is a link with them.

My goodness, I *did* think it was a legitimate member. I had no idea what people do to spam forums. That's ridiculous. Oh the people in this world!

It's understandable to take other members at face value. I tend to be a little skeptical and will check when I read a post that seems a little off.

@ handmade_soap

I want to give you an apology for hijacking your topic. I hope you were able to get some answers before I disrupted the thread.

I forgot to mention earlier - if anyone sees a post which has a spammy link in it, please send the topic address to a mod or admin. Then it can be deleted. Thanks!

OK, you are a stronger woman than I! I can't tolerate it at even 0.5%. Sorry, it is apparently just me that can't tolerate that smell.

:pI am one of the strange ones that likes tea tree, neem and the burnt smell of pine tar!! No sorries necessary we all have different noses. I have also mixed tea tree with neem for healing up a cat scratch that I could not get to heal. It worked. My favorite kitty that I lost to coyotes used to like to swipe me once in a while..

Lots of good info here,just trying to find a good start with tto as far as how much per pound of oils.Have pharmaceutical grade TTO & make 6 lb cp at a time.Thanks in advance

Earthsoap- you may want to start a new thread since this thread is 5 years old, and also because the title of this one doesn't even mention tea tree oil. Your tea tree oil question has a better chance of being seen and answered if you start a new thread with a title that mentions tea tree rates.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back