Hello from Chicago

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flargeous

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After many hours of reading posts and looking at photos, I decided I would finally stop lurking & introduce myself! I haven't made any soap or bath & body products yet - I'm still in the "researching" stage, but you all have really inspired me.

As a beginner, I would like to ask for some advice. Can anyone suggest a place I could buy supplies wholesale (online or otherwise)? Ideally I'd like to buy locally as much as possible but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Also, does anyone suggest a book or other resource I could use for becoming acquainted with art of soap making? Eventually I'd like to try my hand at making body butter, deodorant, lip balm, bubble bars, etc.

Thanks!!

Best,
Natalie

hello hello!

there are so many suppliers that it's hard to send you to just one.

what supplies are you looking for? what product do you intend to start with? you might find some formulas/recipes to make your list from - it's easier to recommend a supplier with concrete info.

I'll narrow down what exactly I want to make first. I'm not exactly ready yet...I'm doing some more research. I'll probably start off with basic CP soap.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Latest posts

Back