Having a blog on your website

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melharma

Reaction score
After reading many posts on this forum about blogs and reading some of yours. I've decided to make a blog, mainly to promote my business but also for me, for fun and to share things that I've learned along the way not related to my business. If I were to guess now, I would say that my blog would be about 30% talking about and promoting my business and products. I'm just starting out and almost done creating my website, I guess I'm just not sure if I should have my blog as a page of my website or some completely different domain and with links to my website.

The name of my company is Skin Sensation Bath and Body, I don't know if that makes a very interesting blog name. Which is why i was leaning towards doing it separate, What do you think?

Do you think that having a blog on your website has a more personal feel vs a more professional feel?

If anyone has advise or experience with this they would like to share, I would appreciate feedback as I am new to all this.

I have a blog www.mommyyousayit.com which I started primarily to chronicle my family's life. Simultaneously, my oldest daughter and I started thinking about selling soaps since we (I) had been making them for some time. I have incorporated my upcoming soap business, Fubble Bath into my blog but I still use the name Mommy You Say It. Honestly, if I was do it all over again, I would have my blog name be the name of my business. Since mine is not, I feel a bit confused! LOL I sort of feel I am not giving Fubble Bath its own space and then at the same I feel I am cheating on my family's blog by incorporating the soap business stuff. Also, it does cause some branding issues and confusion amongst people. I worry that in the long run, I am taking something away from the branding I hope to achieve with Fubble Bath.

This is obviously my experience but an experience I am currently dealing with, not everyone may have the same opinion.

Good luck to you, if you want to talk more about it, feel free to contact me!

Latest posts

Back