Your favourite soapers' blogs / YouTube channels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Daughter

Formerly known as Quasi Quadrant
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am always looking for inspiration, and also just plain love watching many soaping videos, especially soapers who are using natural colorants, incorporating ideas into what I already have going on & making them my own. I've never been big on copying / recreating designs, to be honest, as I my inner creative streak rebels strongly against this 😁 but using techniques I see to create designs / colours which are unique to me is very high on my list.

When I'm feeling stuck or kinda burnt out from the constant creation process, watching these types of videos is also soothing, and at the same time gets me excited again about the whole design phase of soap making. I have fallen asleep to many soap making videos, especially with soap makers who have awesome voices....my own version of ASMR 😊 I have lost count of how many soapers I follow on YouTube 😂 there's just so much awesome stuff out there :)

I'd love to hear which blogs / YouTube channels people love. I have discovered many over the past 2 years or so since I gradually returned to this path again, but there's always more room for awesome soapers' videos & blogs :)

I also think it would be great to have many of them posted in one thread where they're easily accessible to many people who are newly starting out on their soaping journey.

Thank you & many blessings to all ❤️

This thread is a few years old but has a lot of great responses to that very question. 😊

Awesome, thanks so much! ❤️

Holly is one of my absolute favourites: Holly's Soapmaking 👍 Her voice is incredibly soothing ❤️
Also Wild Plantanica: https://www.youtube.com/@WildPlantanica Chass is so incredibly talented!
And Elly's channel :) Elly's Everyday Soap Making She is very down-to-earth, no BS.
And Tellervo: Really beautiful stuff.
One of my absolute favourites! https://www.youtube.com/@nutritiousskinsnifnaturals1266
Uses micas but the design ideas are decent IMO: https://www.youtube.com/@mtgseifen-trend2314
Yeah, so that's kinda the wave I ride, and I keep finding more which inspire me ❤️

I think that a new thread should be populated with suggestions as we're now 4 years on from the thread mentioned, and a lot happens in 4 years. Soapers come & go, incredibly talented ones come along. I love to support them :)

Holly is one of my absolute favourites: Holly's Soapmaking 👍 Her voice is incredibly soothing ❤️

Also Wild Plantanica: https://www.youtube.com/@WildPlantanica Chass is so incredibly talented!

And Elly's channel :) Elly's Everyday Soap Making She is very down-to-earth, no BS.

And Tellervo: Really beautiful stuff.

One of my absolute favourites! https://www.youtube.com/@nutritiousskinsnifnaturals1266

Uses micas but the design ideas are decent IMO: https://www.youtube.com/@mtgseifen-trend2314

Yeah, so that's kinda the wave I ride, and I keep finding more which inspire me ❤️

I think that a new thread should be populated with suggestions as we're now 4 years on from the thread mentioned, and a lot happens in 4 years. Soapers come & go, incredibly talented ones come along. I love to support them :)

All of these and Ellen Ruth Soap and Jerika Zimmerman and Royalty Soaps.
Nowadays, I tend to search for more specific soaping ingredients and scroll through the search results.

Gotta give some love to NOCTURN. They make some of the most gorgeous soap I've ever seen with batter that seems to stay fluid for an eternity! (so jealous 🤣 ) They do not do voiceovers, which is my personal preference for soaping videos. But their captions always have a lot of personality and they seem like a sweet person 😌

I have to also give a shout out to Share My Recipes. Especially for this video below. "DIY" they say. No, I could not do it myself 🤣

I watch a lot of the same makers mentioned above and greatly appreciate the time and care they put into making their videos. I seem to be watching more and more IG reels these days because I’m mostly interested in how pours are done and I don’t need to see much of a technique to get the idea. Some of my favorites are SoapsbyJanelle, amarie.soaps and our own Kiwimoose, along with others who enter Amy Warden’s soap challenge. I’m still waiting very patiently for the day that Mee Hue or MilkMade post videos. ETA: I went to wash soap dishes and decided that I needed to come and add @Jersey Girl to the list for the hanger swirl video I’m still hoping for and I’m also quite sure that I would be happy to watch @dibbles videos all day long.

I don’t think I ever came across the Nocturn channel before, which is kind of weird considering how many YT videos I’ve watched. That cherry blossom soap makes me want to learn how to pipe! One thing to keep in mind when looking at videos is that recipe matters. In my experience, a recipe that is low in palmitic + stearic fatty acids is easier to keep in that soft butter consistency compared with a recipe that is formulated for longevity, especially if your batch sizes are small, which means the batter wants to cool down relatively quickly. I put the recipe Nocturn provided through the soap c@lculator and the p+s is only 18. For comparisons, ZNSC is around 16 and a lot of the recipes Holly posts with her videos are in the low 20s.

Last edited:
I’ve enjoyed watching many of the creators mentioned! I also like Mrs Soap and Clay.
Yes! Mrs Soap & Clay rocks! I hugely appreciate her videos, for sure, but I'm beginning to fast forward through the commentary at the beginning of each video.
Gotta give some love to NOCTURN. They make some of the most gorgeous soap I've ever seen with batter that seems to stay fluid for an eternity! (so jealous 🤣 ) They do not do voiceovers, which is my personal preference for soaping videos. But their captions always have a lot of personality and they seem like a sweet person 😌

I have to also give a shout out to Share My Recipes. Especially for this video below. "DIY" they say. No, I could not do it myself 🤣

Wow, I can't believe I've never seen either of these soap makers, and like someone else said, I watch a LOT of videos which soap makers put out! Thank you for sharing these!
All of these and Ellen Ruth Soap and Jerika Zimmerman and Royalty Soaps.
Nowadays, I tend to search for more specific soaping ingredients and scroll through the search results.
Yes, Ellen Ruth is someone I really like watching too :)

I'd love to ask people to post links to the channels they love, if possible. That would make it easier for those not so tech-skilled, and it makes for some beautiful examples in the posts.

Thank you so much ❤️

Same on Soap & Clay. Deeply value her info she has shared, but moved on to soapers with a different vibe.
More relaxing, less talk.

My favorite video of all time is Carrie Petersen's liquid soap introducing glycerin as a sub for water to make the lye solution. I review it every time before I make 100% olive oil LS.
Note: NOT for LS beginners due to the high heat (over 210°F) and toxic fumes if the KOH solution scorches.

100% Olive Oil LS is normally slow to trace (45 miutes?) and slow to cook/saponify (10 hours for me the first time I tried it). You can imagine my excitement when it goes through all the stages and becomes soap right before my eyes in all of 2 minutes!!!

ETA: I would be remiss if I didn't mention the changes that have taken place since the video was posted in 2011:
1) Plastic Stick Blenders tend to melt due to the high heat. Use one with a stainless steel blade and shaft like Cuisinart Smart Stick.

2) Susequent variations use 50/50 water/glycerin, with varying ratios... some water is used to make the lye solution; the balance of the water amount is used as glycerin added to the warmed oils before adding the KOH solution.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back