Haven't soaped for a year.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and it shows - they are OK for presents.
IMG_20231119_171254.jpgIMG_20231119_170841.jpgIMG_20231119_172301.jpg
IMG_20231119_171930.jpgIMG_20231120_091916.jpg
1 - OMH with oatmeal and dark honey. 2 - Purple with passionfruit FO. 3 - Orange - Orange Peel/Cinnamon
4 - Christmas Pudding - Cranberry Marmalade (for a friend every year) 5 - Green/ Red - Applejack and Peel.

I think they look absolutely lovely! I would be glad to have them as a present. Personal fav #5.

Can I ask how did you get #2(Purple) and #3(Orange) to have such a rounded peak? Mine at best comes up as a ^ pointy top. Should I let my batter thicken up more then scoop it into the mould?

I think they look absolutely lovely! I would be glad to have them as a present. Personal fav #5.

Can I ask how did you get #2(Purple) and #3(Orange) to have such a rounded peak? Mine at best comes up as a ^ pointy top. Should I let my batter thicken up more then scoop it into the mould?
I pour quite thick and then let it thicken more in the mould, then shape the top so it just sits there.

They are beautiful and it looks like you haven't lost your artistry in the year of not soaping. I would love to smell the orange peel and cinnamon as well but I can imagine they all smell fantastic. Your gift recipients are a lucky group to receive such lovely bars.

So lovely @Relle. I most want to smell the orange peel and cinnamon!
They are beautiful and it looks like you haven't lost your artistry in the year of not soaping. I would love to smell the orange peel and cinnamon as well but I can imagine they all smell fantastic. Your gift recipients are a lucky group to receive such lovely bars.
The orange/cinnamon is a new fo, so had to have it after smelling at the supplier, bought it on a Sat and soaped Sunday. I just wanted a simple soap, to highlight the scent, it's lightly scented, all I can smell is the orange, I washed my hands with an end piece yesterday, very creamy, small bubbles, no where near cured. Will try it in the shower at 4 weeks to see how it fares.

The orange/cinnamon is a new fo, so had to have it after smelling at the supplier, bought it on a Sat and soaped Sunday. I just wanted a simple soap, to highlight the scent, it's lightly scented, all I can smell is the orange, I washed my hands with an end piece yesterday, very creamy, small bubbles, no where near cured. Will try it in the shower at 4 weeks to see how it fares.
Cinnamon is usually pretty assertive. I hope it shows up by the time the soap is cured.

They are all beautiful! I like blue and yellow together.
It doesn't show so well, but it's purple/yellow. It's a passionfruit scent, but it would look too dark if I tried to get the outside colour of a passionfruit.

Latest posts

Back