Harry Potter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjude

Reaction score
Has anyone been to see the Half Blood Prince? My family went Friday night and we just loved it! Some of my favorite scenes from the book were missing, but overall throughly enjoyed it. :D

I dressed up at the library (where I work pt, didn't want you to think I'm some kind of kook who just dresses up in costume!) on opening day as the "Half Blood Princess" and had a lot of fun talking to the kids who were all jazzed up to see the movie.

I'd give it a thumbs up!!

Jude

I went Sunday morning, 10 AM show. Totally packed theater.

I liked it, but I've liked them all. My only disappointment was that I had hoped for more of Helena Bonham Carter, she's one of my very favorites.

I read the book, but I honestly don't remember very much at all. I read ALOT and I try to loose myself in the book, sometimes this doesn't bode well for my long term memory!

I was really hoping that Prof. Lupin's reveal at Christmas on how he became a werewolf would be in the movie as well as the scene with Neville and his parents at the hospital. :(

I loved the scenes with lovesick Ron, but wished I hadn't seen so many trailors so I could have been more surprised.

But, well worth the price of admission! :D

Jude

I haven't seen it yet, I am trying to avoid anything to do with Harry Potter, so why I opened this thread is anybody's guess! I've read all the books too, just waiting till it calms down, and then go and enjoy! Looks like it might be next week or the next!

My husband wants to go again. Me too. My three teens enjoyed it, but think that once is enough.

Can you say date night? :lol:

Jude

Oh I think so! I think I am going to take my daughter, we have let her catch up on all the other ones over the past few days, and she is itching to see it now! And who am I to disagree? :lol:

Right! Don't want to deprive her of seeing HBP now that she's up to speed on the other movies! :lol:

Jude

I loved the movie, but totally did not like Helena Bonham Carter in it. It was a Sweeney Todd ripoff with her because it's like her character was plucked from S.Todd and dropped into H.Potter. Just not a fan of that.

She was also in the Order of the Pheonix, that came out before Sweeney Todd. I thought she plays it really well!

She does seem to have the role of the emotionally challenged crazy woman down pat! I wonder what she's like off the screen?

Hopefully it's all an act!! :)

Jude

Hello Everyone......

I am truly a big fan of Harry Potter and I have almost seen all parts of it..

I have read the story books.. My favorite movie is "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". Really liked it very much.......

Which is your favorite??

Latest posts

Back