Movie caution: The house with a clock in its walls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I strongly suggest you read a few review by parents and kids, and also know your kids very well before seeing this film.

We haven't, and won't be seeing this movie in the theater. We've been hearing other families' experience with this movie the most agree this is darker than the last Harry Potter, should not be PG, and even a couple of teenagers begged their parents to leave the movie. Our 11 year old will not handle the sinister theme of evil that runs through it, demons, kids cutting their hands for blood rituals (shown), an orphan who's image of his dead mother is used to manipulate him. This sounds more like a kids' horror movie than just a scary, mysterious story.

Some of her friends are going to see it in the theater; and if she wants to see it after hearing what her friends say, we'll Redbox it at home where the screen is small and we can mute and FF if we want.

This sounds more like a kids' horror movie than just a scary, mysterious story.

I have heard that the book series is considered "kids horror." I have also heard that for that genre, it's pretty good. None of my kids are interested in horror so we won't be seeing it, either. Good job being aware of what's in it, though! Have you checked out kids-in-mind.com ? They explain in great detail how a movie stacks up for violence & gore, sex & nudity, language.

Back